Job Posting Number
Transtar, LLC – Accounting Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Since the late 1800’s, the Transtar companies consist of a group of rail carriers have been an important component in this country’s industrial development. Moving billions of tons of raw materials to manufacturing sites. Transporting finished products to market. Storing and handling bulk commodities. Providing rail transport services to hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the nation’s industrial heartland.
Transtar, LLC is looking for an Accounting Analyst – Payroll & Accounts Payable to help us ensure our payroll and AP systems are efficient, accurate, and ready to handle the company’s expected growth.
- Verifying work records have been captured correctly and completely
- Ensuring wage and salary calculations are correct
- Checking and verifying deductions
- Overseeing the distribution of paychecks and direct deposits
- Managing payroll information updates
- Analyzing payroll process efficiency
- Reporting to management on each payroll run
- Process Vendor Invoices being billed to Transtar, in accordance with GAPP and Transtar Corporate Policies.
- Enter invoices, comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges into Stampli, NetSuite and SharePoint P2P workflow processes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors. Handles vendor communication.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of Invoices and payment requests.
- Be empowered to think outside of the box and offer new and creative solutions and ways of working to improve our end-to-end process
- Assist with AP projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Payroll or Accounting
- At least two years’ experience in a payroll or accounts payable
- Knowledge of payroll systems and HRIS (NetSuite and Ceridian Dayforce is a plus)
- Total commitment to detail and quality
- Proven ability to function well under pressure
- Expert time management, problem-solving, and data analysis skills
To apply for this position, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com referencing the JOB POSTING number in the subject line.